Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Easter Fun!


Easter is tied with Christmas as my most favorite holiday. The true meaning, the wonderful gift of the Resurrection, is the most beautiful part. But just like Christmas, there are additional parts to be enjoyed. The tradition on my side of the family was to hide plastic Easter eggs filled with candy. There would always be a big egg with your name on it with a dollar bill in it. Brian's family tradition was to boil, decorate and find real eggs. We decided to combine the traditions by having an egg hunt with the real, decorated eggs, but we also included the big plastic eggs with the kids name on it. It was like they were already in Heaven.

6 comments:

Becca, Bryce, T, C, and J said...

the kids are adorable!

Robyn said...

Oh, good times. It looks like you guys had a fun Easter. Tandi is going to be a little heart-breaker. Good luck with that. Tommy is so cute too. Good work, guys!

Tiff-E said...

That's such a cute idea! I love it! We have yet to formulate our own traditions...my excuse..."Kaylie is too young to care." But now I have a good idea to start with...I like the combo idea! Thanks! :)

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Hey brian, I am so glad I found your blog!!! Your kids are cutie pies!!! It is good to see all is well, add I am adding you to my friends list, so I can keep tabs on you!! Ha Ha So Beware!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey guys! It's the Reeds, well, Kaitlin anyways, Eric doesnt really get on this thing! I just thought I would say hi and tell you what a cute family you have! (I love the name Tandi, so adorable!)Well, hopefully we can keep in touch and get to know one another better through blogger! FUN!!! Talk to ya later!

gabby said...

Hey Mon! My baby wouldn't look for eggs. She just ran around in her pretty dress and dodged anybody who wanted to pick her up. I can't believe your baby is 2!